At Matte + Juliette, we promote a deeper meaning of beauty. Our skin, our clothes, and our make-up can make us look beautiful and desirable until it gets worn, torn, and smeared. So, when you close your eyes to the outward appearance, what do you see as beauty? The application to this scholarship contest is a video essay answering the question, “What makes a person beautiful to you?”
Scholarship Contest Details and Instructions
Award: One $500 scholarship (One-time scholarship)
Who: All female high school students entering their first year of college in fall 2017; all current female undergraduate and graduate students
Video Submission deadline: July 31, 2017
Last day to vote: August 31, 2017
Receiving the Award: We will contact the winner via a phone call and post the winner’s video to our social media pages, by August 10th. The check will be sent directly to the school.
Terms and Conditions
1. Record a video essay answering the question, “What makes a person beautiful to you?” It must be at least 2 minutes long and no more than 3 minutes. You can be as creative as you want with your video, including dancing, singing, rapping, etc. But, you must clearly answer the question.
2. Upload the video on Youtube
3. Fill out the form below and send us the link
4. We will post your video on the voting page that will go live on August 1, 2017. Participants will be emailed details beforehand.
5. Share your video and get friends and family to vote for you! The creator of the most voted video at midnight, July 10, 2017 will be awarded the scholarship.